ABOUT THE ORGANIZING COMMITTEE CALGARY
The purpose of the Organizing Committee Calgary (OCC) is to host and produce volunteer-driven world leading speed skating events.
The Organizing Committee Calgary (OCC) began as a group of volunteers working to help organize the speed skating events for the 1988 Winter Olympics in Calgary. Following the games, the group continued to bid for and host major international speed skating events at the Olympic Oval, still on a volunteer basis. Since 1988 they have hosted many National and International competitions.
The group works in association with Speed Skating Canada, the Alberta Amateur Speed Skating Association, International Skating Union and the Olympic Oval, and has developed an international reputation for the high quality of the events it hosts. More than 200 volunteers actively participate in the organization and implementation of the competitions.
GOALS & OBJECTIVES
- To apply for and obtain the funding necessary for the hosting of first class national and international speed skating competitions in the Olympic Oval.
- To work closely with the International Skating Union, Speed Skating Canada, the University of Calgary and other associations to assure that the speed skating competitions, hosted by the Organizing Committee Calgary, meet the highest possible standards.
- To administer and maintain a comprehensive volunteer and organizational structure that provides opportunities in an environment that promotes personal and professional growth, ethical behaviour and satisfaction.
- To support the training and advancement of speed skating officials provincially, nationally and internationally.
- To enter into such agreements with persons, firms and corporations as may be advisable, necessary or advantageous for the objects of the Committee.
- To follow and promote the ethics and code of conduct as outlined in the policy manual of SSC.
|Committee Chair:||Alice Humeny|
|Committee Vice Chairs|
|Event Support:||Catherine Humeny|
|Sport Production:||Nannette Ho-Covernton|
|Event Staff:||Antonio Faiola|